Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Texas goodness……

french piece in LR 003

My most favorite find while in Texas was the mercury glass apothecary jars seen on the third shelf. I only wish I had bought more now they were such a good deal!

french piece in LR 005

  Isn’t the patina just beautiful?

 

french piece in LR 010 

My helper who is always eager to lend a paw or offer an opinion……..

french piece in LR 002                          

                        My other helper who takes a more,”laid back “approach.

french piece in LR 007

These little eggs in the wooden crate were also a Texas find along with the Chinese brush.

french piece in LR 008

                        Just another view of all the lovelies…….

I’m not sure what we are doing this weekend yet  but if it doesn’t rain I think we will be playing in the dirt!  Our patio area is beginning to look like a nursery with all the plants we have purchased lately!!!!! Have a great weekend!!!!!
                              ~Des

 

5 comments:

Kelly said...

Love how you've accessorized your cabinet. Is that a dog figurine I see up top? Love that! I really like the rustic mixed with the shiny. Love the antlers too. I've got some in my cabinet too. Old books, clock, mercury glass.......such great eye candy! Thanks for sharing. Supposed to get rain at my house this weekend. Can we trade places? Ha!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I love seeing your Texas finds, Des.

We've been diggin' in the dirt here. More rain is expected over the weekend. Maybe it will go north...or south...

Happy Weekend!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Des, I love this hutch and all the goodies you filled it with. Love the old books, antlers, those mercury bottles and the dog figurine. Such yummy eye candy!

Kristi said...

I love this hutch Des!! And those mercury bottles are DIVINE!!!! I always love your vignettes!! :)

Cindy said...

The apothocary jars are wonderful! I love the patina of old objects like that. The eggs are interesting, I've never seen them displayed like that. Great Texas finds!