Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A secret obsession with mirrors…..

The other day while cleaning and dusting the living room I suddenly realized that there isn’t a whole lot of artwork in the room. I started to look around and became quite embarrassed when I suddenly realized just how many mirrors I had hanging!!!!! I don’t consider myself an incredibly vain or conceited person so why on earth did I have so many mirrors?  After much thought I came to the conclusion that it is part of my obsession with all things shiny! You know……crystal,mercury glass,silver,the list goes on and on. If it sparkles I probably own it!

                  Here is one of the new improved arrangements…..with no mirrors!

prints 001

     Love the simple black frames and how the prints look antique even though they are new. 

prints 022

 

7 comments:

SHERRY HART said...

I SO love architectural prints with black frames. Good choice.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, and i love it! The prints look great with the black frames. I really love your bathroom.It has sooo much charm.

Kathy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love those prints and the way they look very old.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Des, I also love the architectural prints. They look wonderful on your wall.
xo, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Just read about you in Midwest Living -- loved the article!


Kacey
Shes.No.Martha

marie said...

I have the same problem! And I find it funny that you look for a reason to like mirrors too! Have you seen the one in Restoration Hardware?!!! It's the huge entablature mirror. It is stunning! My husband has a cabinet shop and is going to replicate it for me! I am so excited! It is going in my dining room, which faces our living room. I can hardly wait! Go check it out! You'll love it!

A Perfect Gray said...

don't know how I landed on this older post but I share the same problem - too many mirrors. I do love your set of three architectural prints. perfect right there...donna