Thursday, June 30, 2011

A little chair makeover…..

 

I picked a set of these chairs up a couple of years ago thinking I would use them with my dining room table. However they just didn’t look good with my French antique chairs. So, off to storage they went. I recently dug them out and gave them a mini face lift. Here is the before:

chair A

 

And here is the after…….Now they are off to the consignment shop to find a new home!

grainsack chairs 003

Hope you are having a FABULOUS week?!?!? Are you ready for the holiday weekend? It is going to be super hot here…………

6 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your chair looks really beautiful!! I am so happy to see it because I am painting some very simular chairs right now and I wasn't sure how heavily I should distress them. Your chairs will serve as very good inspiration pieces for me!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love the transformation. Someone will love those. Going to be a scorcher here, too. Happy 4th!

Judy said...

Okay, Des, where did you get the material on the chair? Looks like a grain sack, I'm on the hunt for a couple (reasonably priced of course!).

Gonna get in the 100's here in the sunny south this weekend, hope I make it to the lake!

Judy

paperjunk-lc said...

WoW they turned out great! I have 2 that could use that kind of help.
Have a great 4th!

niartist said...

I think it's gorgeous, Des, and I bet it flies off the consignment room floor. I can't believe that you did all of that painting by hand - you should have told everyont that ... we would have been EVEN MORE impressed with your amazing design talent! :)

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

That chair is fantastic! Hard to give up...I'd think.