Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New shades…..

 

Several years ago when I bought the shades for the downstairs I picked a color that coordinated with the color of the floors. When we renovated the kitchen we refinished all the hardwood floors on the first level to a dark cherry color and the shades no longer matched. Buying new shades was on my list of the things to do but with so many other things that were more important it sort of fell to the bottom of the list. Then last week the strings on one of the shades broke. I knew they were getting worn but was really hoping to get by just  a little longer, at least until the renovations upstairs were all done. So, I had to make a decision…….buy 1 replacement shade to match all the rest or just go ahead and replace them all. After poking around the internet I found these shades at JC Penney's…. on sale!!!

shade A

This pic shows the old furniture and old wall color…………….

shade 005

Here is the new shade….. and new wall color! One lonely piece of the old furniture remains until the new chair to take it’s place arrives that is currently on back order.

3 comments:

Judy said...

I have those exact shades from Penney's throughout my home...they are really pretty and priced very well. I think I got some at 50% off!

Judy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love the new shades Deserae and I love that chair too! Martina

Sheila said...

I love the shades too! And I saw a similar chair at TJ Maxx today. I may have to go back & get it...if I can figure out a place to put it!