Monday, February 13, 2012

The trumeau mirror……..part two!

 

underspanishmoss

Under Spanish Moss

 

Pinned Image

Cote de Texas

 

Pinned Image

Burlap and Blue

 

Pinned Image

The wall mirrors

 

Pinned Image

Trouvais

 

Pinned Image

My mirror in the dining room

 

I just adore mirrors….any size

and in any shape!

In fact it is no secret that I

probably have

more mirrors in my house

than artwork!

--------------

 

Remember when Mr. Handyman

made me this trumeau

mirror for above the

mirrored chest?

mine before

It turned out beautiful but the color was

just never quite right.

The color blended in with the walls

and always seemed

a little off and it always bothered me.

So, after being inspired by all those beautiful

inspiration photos of wonderful

trumeau mirrors I

decided to give mine a

mini face lift……

with paint of course!

Here is the after:

mirror2

 

 

trumeau mirror2 019

It was hard to capture the

true colors

and detail since

it is so cold and gloomy here today.

trumeau mirror2 021

 

\mirror4

I hope you will consider following

me on Google Friends

 Connect or with the new Linky Follower.

--------------

I’m joining the party at:

 Savvy Southern Style

for Wow Us Wednesdays

&

No Minimalist Here

No Minimalist Here

&

Primp

{Primp}

24 comments:

AntiqueChase said...

Des did paint your wall too? Love the new color of the mirror. Can you tell me what you know about GFC and do I need to add a linky follower now too?? Confused!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love your mirror painted. It did blend in with the wall before.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Love trumeaus~and I love that your hubby made this one! IT is fabulous and looks great with the new white paint!

Judy said...

I remember when you originally shared this mirror....I loved it then but I love it even more now. And those books....WOW!

Judy

Bliss said...

That color shows it off much better, now it looks like the WOW it always was.

~Bliss~

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT Des!! The new paint color is perfect and love the pretty vignette on your mirrored chest too!

chateau chic said...

I'm with you on your love of mirrors. Have them all over my house. Yours is simply lovely!!
Thanks for the visit, Mary Alice

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous mirror, Des! Your hubby made that for you? I love your book stacks, too! They look great with the mirror.

Calypso In The Country said...

I just love the mirror! And I am following you on Linky now too!
-Shelley

niartist said...

Loved it before, Des - but love it even more now! :)

Olive Cooper said...

The new color does help it show off it's pretty details better. My SIL has dozens of mirrors too. I got struck in the head by an armoire mirror once it weighed 70lbs-does that count?

Kelly said...

I love it! I have a trumeau mirror in my bedroom that I like. Maybe one day I'll paint it to look more french. I like the lighter color on it that you chose. It stands out more and picks up the light color in the chest too. I love all your old book bundles as well.

Sherry said...

These mirrors are wonderful! Your looks great! Happy Valentine's Day!
SHerry

Taylor Greenwalt said...

Wonderful images of mirrors. I love your mirror with the books below it. So creative...

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Hi Des!
Thought the before looked good until I saw the after and I can see why you did what you did!
Wow!
Looks great. Nice contrast to the wall. Love it!

Sharon (Roses and Rust) said...

Beautiful mirrors all of them, including yours. x Sharon

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Des, The mirror is gorgeous and I love the new paint color. xo, Sherry

Gail said...

WOW Des, your mirror turned out great and your husband did an awesome job making that for you! I love mirrors too and have them scattered throughout my home as well. Enjoy your day and Happy Valentine's Day, Gail

Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Wow, your home is absolutely stunning!!!
Sincerely,
Melinda

Terry said...

Oh yea, it's right now...perfect!

At The Picket Fence said...

Oh my goodness! Would you believe that I just purchased everything to make a trumeau mirror for my home but have been too chicken to start on it??!! After seeing your gorgeous one I'm now going to buck up and give it a go. :-) Your blog is so lovely and I can't wait to see more of your beautiful home. Found you through Kim's party!
Vanessa

Tabitha said...

Wow, Love it! I've been wanting to make one of these for years.....Thanks for the inspiration! I'm your newest follower. Tabitha@ simplyhomecents.blogspot.com

Pamela said...

It is beautiful! I have our old guest bathroom mirror set aside for a project like this once hubby can help me. I just LOVE those mirrors and your turned out fabulous!

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Love the mirror. Following you on the Linky Follower!