Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Antique blue bottles…..

 

The other day we decided to take a break from all

the hustle and bustle of life and

take a mini trip to KC to hit a few antique shops.

While at the last shop of

the day I came across these beautiful blue bottles.

-------

DSC_0007

 

DSC_0008

-------

At the time I had no idea

where I would use them but I just had to have them!!

. The little stoppers…the beautiful soft blue color….I couldn’t resist!!!

For now they have found

a spot in the downstairs powder room……

Here you can just barely see them inside the basket…..

-------

DSC_0004

-------

I’m not sure this will be the  final spot for

them since they don’t show up that well against the grey walls.

For now though, I am enjoying them here……

-------

bottles1

-------

Hope you will consider following me on

Google Friends Connect

or with the Linky follower option.

Joining the party this week at:

Savvy Southern Style & No Minimalist Here

-------

15 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh those are so pretty! They probably show up better in person than in the photo. I love the basket they're in too! I bet that was fun to get away and just mingle around some stores to see what caught your eye. That's a great way to spend an afternoon!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty!! LOVE that last shot Des!!

Ron said...

Love the bottles, Des! They are perfect in the gorgeous powder room. xo

AntiqueChase said...

ooooh, would love to see them closer!!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Light blue bottles are so pretty against white - I'm with AntiqueChase :)

Olive said...

Lovely spot for them. I have been in the house for days and need to do some shopping.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Des,
What pretty blue bottles and I love that piece of furniture you have here.

Blessings,
Linda

chateau chic said...

Your blue bottles are SO pretty! Not sure I've seen ones like that in blue. Love the little stoppers.
Mary Alice

Heirloom treasures said...

I can quite see why you couldn't resist them. I love bottles with stoppers. Your bathroom is so beautiful,what I can see of it. You have a lovely blog,I am now following x

wendy said...

I think it is so fun when you go to a thrift shop and really find something COOL...amazing.
Sometimes I too will just buy the item...not sure of where I'll put it when I get home.

Stacey said...

Very pretty! I bet you'll find several places around your house for those.

Patty said...

Des, you have got it down pat girl! Love your flair of decorating with white....done right! Just viewed your decorating at Southern Hospitality another favorite of mine. Been following you just a short while but my oh my, just stunning in white!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Des, they are lovely. I saw that you were featured at Southern Hospitality blog. Your home is lovely.

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Just came over from Rhodas and the first thing I did was sign up to follow you!! LOVE your style, your home is GORGEOUS!!!! Happy new year too! XO, Pinky

Anonymous said...

I am your newest follower and so glad to have found your blog thru SSS. Your living room is just stunning and the perfect French and unfussy shabby style in my mind. I just love it!!! And I love all your extra touches that just make the room sing. Come for a visit. ~ Lynn @thevintagenest