Thursday, January 31, 2013

My knock off rosary…..

 

I have admired a certain shabby rosary for quite some time….

The price tag however is a little steep!

Rachel from Shabby French For Me made this beautiful one.

-------

Source

-------

Which made me think…..

why don’t I just make my own?

So I did!

-------

rosary2

-------

All of the supplies were bought at JoAnn’s

with the exception of the small

beads and the cross.

The small beads were actually small

wooden balls that I had Mr. Handyman drills holes in.

Mr. Handyman also made the cross out of

salvaged wood we had on hand.

The total cost of the project was less than $20 versus

the $188+ shipping

a certain shabby chic store charges for them.

Although not an exact replica I am pretty happy with it.

-------

Hope you will consider following me on

Google Friends Connect or with the Linky follower option.

Joining the party this week at:

 Savvy Southern Style & French Country Cottage

-------

15 comments:

Olive said...

Des, beautiful and well done. I am fortunate to find wonderful vintage rosaries (not that big) at the Catholic Thrift store here. xo, olive

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love it and your hubby is very handy.

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Yours turned out beautifully!

Unknown said...

Luv it! It turned out beautifully... Very sweet to have a handy Mr about doesn't it?
Cheers, Gee

Market Nine home said...

You are so smart! I have been admiring the wooden rosaries for quite some time too. Thanks so much for sharing your idea. I am putting this on my list of things to do.

Kelly said...

Love, love, love it!! I'd like to have one of those myself. I've seen how ridiculously expensive they are on the Shabby Chic website! Thanks for sharing. Your hubby is the best!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Des, so pretty. I truly can't tell the difference. What a good job you did..Happy Wednesday..Judy

pballard said...

Great job! Well done! Thanks for sharing!

chateau chic said...

Des, your knock-off is more special to you because you made it with the help of your husband. Just perfect!
Mary Alice

wendy said...

I think you did a GREAT job of making your own. Wow, that other one is waaaay to pricey I think.

Unknown said...

Great job creating your own rosary! It's beautiful!!

Red Rose Alley said...

Deserae,
I love rosaries. Jess brought me back one from the Vatican in Rome that I will treasure forever. Your rosary is so special because you made it yourself. You and your husband did a wonderful job.
~Sheri

hong kong property said...

that is really nice=)

Bente said...

The rosary is pretty. Love it. Take care of your handyman. He`s gold worth.

Have a nice day

Karena said...

Des it is just beautiful. Now, please use your new rosary to pray for me on Monday. I am having the 4th major surgery in 16 months, then will be in a rehab facility again.

Love and Hugs,

Karena
2013 Artists Series