Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My latest find…..

 

The other day while out and about we

stopped in at Nell Hills

to see what new goodies they had for spring.

-------

capital3

-------

I found this wood capital with great chippy paint!

It found a spot on the baker’s

rack in the kitchen.

-------

capital2

-------

Looking from the other direction……

-------

capital5

-------

I found this sweet little bird nest in our yard

and couldn’t resist

bringing it inside and tucking it under this cloche……

-------

capital4

 

capital1

-------

Hope you will consider following me on

Google Friends Connect

or with the Linky follower option.

-------

Joining the party at:

 Savvy Southern Style

 French Country Cottage

 No Minimalist Here

-------

14 comments:

Olive said...

Des, I love both but the nest is oh so sweet. I was trying to photograph cardinals today and my battery died:} Olive

Ron said...

Des, I love the capital and the bird's nest! Both look great on the baker's rack!

Unknown said...

Pretty.. pretty. Luv the sweet little nest :-)
Cheers, Gee

Fishtail Cottage said...

lucky you to find an intact bird nest! such a sweet touch of spring to add to your decor! xoox, tracie

Kristi said...

LOve your new goodie Des! I always love seeing your kitchen as well, what a treat! And how I wish I could just "stop by" Nell Hill!! LOL :)
Kristi

chateau chic said...

LOVE both of your finds, Des. They are displayed beautifully on your baker's rack. The wooden capital looks like something that could travel around your home. Great piece!
Mary Alice

AntiqueChase said...

Ut OH. I hope the nest police don't come after you too! I told you about that right?!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Love your new goodies Des, I also love shopping Nell Hills, to bad I have to do my shopping online! I would love to visit the store!

Kelly said...

You're lucky to get to visit Nell Hill's place in person. I love what you found. The capital is nice on the bakers rack and the little bird's nest is wonderful! Are you already wishing for Spring? It has been so warm and rainy here, but we're expecting some cold weather later this week that may bring some snow! We'll have to see.

Ivy and Elephants said...

Hi Des,
I'd love to find a sweet little nest like that in my yard! I love it under the cloche. So wish I lived near Nell Hill's, she's my idol! The bakers rack looks lovely.
Hugs,
Patti

Red Rose Alley said...

Deserae,
I love the wooden rack. It looks good with your pot. Your bakers rack looks so lovely. I used to have one years ago and gave it to Jess. I really miss it now. Isn't it nice when we find goodies to bring home?
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Red Rose Alley said...

Ooooops, I meant wooden stand.
~Sheri

Cynthia said...

Des,

Love it, I just go crazy for things like this, love the other items on the bakers rack

Cynthia

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Great finds, Des! You always have the most wonderful accents!