Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New framed herbariums……

 

 

A couple of months ago I stumbled across a set of eight pages from a herbarium book from the early 1900’s on eBay. Originally I was only looking for a set of four prints to frame for the upstairs bathroom but when I came across this set I figured I could find a spot for the rest of the pages. I was so delighted when I actually won the auction because I thought they would surely go for a lot of money. The set of eight including shipping was $30…..however framing the pages cost a whole lot more so I had to do a few at a time.

Here are two of the pages I framed hung in the living room…..

E

Each one has a hand written description of the plant and the date……

F

 

C

------

Hope you will consider following me on

Google Friends Connect

or with the Linky follower option.

Joining the party at:

Savvy Southern Style 

-------

12 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

So lovely!

Mary Palumbo Collings said...

Those are so pretty... I am happy to have just found your blog... I am following and will visit often... Mary

Alice said...

These are so simple and beautiful, and they look so nice in your lovely home. I know how expensive frames can be!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Just gorgeous! You framed them beautifully!

chateau chic said...

These are beautiful and they are framed just perfect. Well worth the money spent on the right frame, in my opinion.
Mary Alice

Kelly said...

Those are just gorgeous! They look so pretty in your white room. They are soft enough to flow nicely in there. What a great find!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty Des!! They look beautiful where you have them!

Stacey said...

Very pretty, Des. I think finding the right things for the wall is the hardest thing. Don't you? I want the things I hang to mean something to me and hopefully not be mass produced. I love your idea. What did you look for when you were on Ebay?

Anonymous said...

Their simplicit and soft coloring is so elegant!

Leslie said...

Very pretty Des! I like herbariums and botanicals just about anywhere. I've got a couple in my living room ~ their simplicity and softness is what I enjoy most.

leslie

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful prints. Perfect setting for them too.

Mary Ruth said...

Beautiful prints and perfect for you home!
I love visiting your blog, beautiful pictures and decor!

I love your dedication to your style and that you share with us!