Source: Chocolate Sugar Hearts Recipe
Chocolate Sugar Hearts Recipe
2 cups confectioners sugar
3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder
3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 teaspoons milk
2 teaspoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted for garnish
- In a large bowl, stir together the confectioners sugar, cocoa, flour and salt until well blended.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, eggs and vanilla, and mix in the dry ingredients until a stiff dough forms.
- wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- To make the icing. In a small bowl, stir together confectioners sugar and milk until smooth. Beat in corn syrup and vanilla extract until icing is smooth and glossy. If icing is too thick, add more corn syrup. Smooth icing over cookies, let harden up.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over iced cookies. let chocolate harden up.