Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Earth Day!

 

In honor of earth day I thought it would be fun

to share a few photos of what life is like on the Kansas plains…….

10 Iconic U.S. Drives - Route 177, Kansas Distance: 85 miles from Cassoday to Manhattan Dispel the myth that the plains are plain and boring along this stretch of road through what remains of the tallgrass prairie. Start at Cassoday, just off I-35, then explore several small towns in a sea of golden-green grass.

Source

shook kansas photos | Scott Bean - Kansas Landscape Images - Center for Great Plains Studies ...

Source

Kansas Barn

Source

Kansas sunflower field up close

Source

Maple Grove Bethel Church of God - Neodesha, Wilson County KS

Source

Kansas tornado

Source

Have a great week…..

and please be kind to the earth!

Joining the party at:

 Savvy Southern Style
e

8 comments:

Mari said...

Happy Earth day Des, wow such beautiful images I could close my eyes and inhale the fresh earth ;-)

Smiles~
Mari

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Happy Earth Day Des...enjoy the day!!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Life looks pretty sweet on the Kansas plains. :) Well...except for that tornado in the last pic. Lol! Happy Earth Day to you too, Des!

Red Rose Alley said...

Kansas is so charming, Deserae. I noticed the tornado pictures, Yikes! Do you get a lot of tornadoes. I didn't know it was earth day. Thank you for reminding me - I love the earth!

~Sheri

Kelly said...

Love all of those pics of your area! I've never been out to the midwest. Looks so pretty.

Lin from A {tiny} Cottage In The Woods said...

Beautiful country. Lovely, except for the tornadoes. But I guess they are a part of nature's plan.
Have a good one!
~ Lin

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your photos are all stunning.

Anonymous said...

Great photos and yes they do remind me of the plains.