Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

 

Patriotic parade

Source

e

Memorial Day

This memorial is

a remembering spot

a place to sit

and bend my head.

I think of those

I never knew

who once played ball

who now lie dead.

For just like me

all soldiers lived.

They loved their moms.

They shoveled snow.

But when our country

cried for help

they kissed their moms.

They packed to go.

I run my fingers

through the grass.

It’s quiet here.

Red flowers grow.

~Amy Ludwig VanDerwater

e

Wishing all our friends of the cottage

a very Happy Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Happy Memorial Day to you too, Des!

Mari said...

Des, wishing you a Happy Memorial Day ;-)

Hugs~
Mari

Red Rose Alley said...

Deserae,
I was looking at the blogs on my side bar, and for some reason yours doesn't show the picture of your current post like the others. I tries to copy and paste again, but it still just shows your name - any ideas why? Just wanted to let you know. Maybe it's something on your end.

Have a lovely evening, friend.

~Sheri