Thursday, July 31, 2014

My giant $12 clam shell……

 

I haven’t been to an estate sale in years.

Years ago I used to go all the time and always  found wonderful goodies.

After a while I quit going because I never found anything and became frustrated.

Then last weekend on a whim the Mr. and I went to one.

The fluorescent sign caught my attention and I thought why not?

The house was packed….as in could hardly move around.

At first I didn’t see anything and then I spotted this huge clam shell.

clam2

At first I didn’t pick it up.

My house is so full now I really need to be selective

and only buy things I have a spot for.

So, I walked around a bit but kept thinking what a good deal it was.

I knew I would regret it later if I didn’t buy it.

Then the Mr. pointed out that everything was 1/2 price!!!!

That made is $12…..SOLD!!!!

clam4

I cleaned it up with a little soap and water……

and after a little re-arranging I was able to fit it on my coffee

table without having to relocate half the house.

clam5

They had a couple of silver trays I came home without……

now I am kicking myself for not buying them.

Of course that gives me a reason to go

to another estate sale the next time I see one right?

-------

12 comments:

Terri Steffes said...

That is gorgeous! I'll have to start looking myself, I am looking for a large piece of white coral. I have a place for it in mind, but I will have to make space for it. Love your idea of having a place for it to go before you buy it.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

What a pretty addition to your coffee table Des!

Anonymous said...

That is an excellent deal on that type of shell! The really large ones go for thousands. I bought one about half the size of yours recently at a flea market for $20. The guy would not budge on the price. And your living room is so pretty!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

12?! What a steal! It adds more beautiful texture to the room!

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Looks EXCELLENT and wow - what a great bargain for your new treasured find!

Silver trays are easier than giant clam shells to find, so don't beat yourself up TOO much, ok? : - )

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great find and it looks fabulous on your table.

Anonymous said...

Love the shell. Estate sales are the best!!

Kathy

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I spent weeks looking for a clam shell back in the spring. You'd think living so close to the gulf, they would be everywhere. Nope. I couldn't even find one in all the shops in Galveston. Well, I should say I couldn't find one for a reasonable price. ;) Anyway, you sure got a wonderful buy! Every time you look at it, you'll be so happy you didn't pass it up. :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Very pretty addition to the coffee table Des. Great price too.
Kris

Kelly said...

I like your clam shell. You better hope Ron at Uptown Acorn doesn't come visit you or it may go missing! LOL! He loves shells. It looks great on your coffee table.

Ron said...

I love the clam shell, and for $12.00, what a deal. Steal! xo

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a great shell and super price!