Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Vintage garden markers…….

 

-------

Over the weekend my husband and I had to drop something off for his work at a job site in Lawrence. Afterwards we stopped off at a few places before heading home. One place we stopped was a little antique shop in Ottawa where I found these cute little vintage galvanized garden markers.

galvanized markers 009

Originally I had intended to use them outside……However once I laid them on the coffee table with my herbarium book I loved them paired with the book so much that I left them.

galvanized markers 001

I love the hand painted numbers….each tag was individually cut so they are slightly different in size.

galvanized markers 010

While at the little shop we went outside to the garden area where this cute little bunny was sitting. I figured he would hop away when he saw is but instead he laid down and watched us as we browsed.

bunny

I found a little goodie in the garden section that I will share with you later.

Joining the party at:

 Savvy Southern Style 

Hope to see you there!

-------

14 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love them..have never seen those markers before!...and cannot believe that bunny just chilled and watched you!...I agree that the markers look wonderful on the book!!

Anonymous said...

Your garden tags are so pretty and I love them on the book!

Kelly said...

Those look nice lying on top of your books. I like how they pull the whole theme together.

Ron said...

I love those garden tags.

Junkchiccottage said...

Des,
Love the garden tags. I agree they look perfect in the books on the table. That bunny how adorable is he to just want to lay there and chill while you shopped. Too cute.
Kris

Red Rose Alley said...

Aahh, sweet little bunny, Deserae. Yes, sometimes they surprise me and don't run away. Those tags are cool, and go well sitting on your books.

love,
~Sheri

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your garden markers are super cute!! Love metal!
I have never seen such a relaxed bunny! So cool!

Blondie's Journal said...

The tags are perfect for a vignette! Get the cheapies from Michael's for outdoors. The bunny is so darn cute. I love garden shops!

Jane xx

sweetvintageofmine said...

Those galvanized marker tags are a great find....a wonderful accent touch! I agree...I would leave them inside~~~Blessings~~~Roxie

Pam - @diy Design Fanatic said...

Your galvanized garden tags were a wonderful find!They look great on your coffee table.

Katie Mansfield said...

Oh I just love them. I can't wait to see what else you got.

chateau chic said...

Your garden markers look perfect on your coffee table paired with the book! Wonderful find!
Mary Alice

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love those garden markers! They go perfectly on your book too. That whole room is just gorgeous! Love, love, love your decorating style! That bunny really was just chilling out, wasn't he? Lol! He's too cool for school. Ha!

Debbiedoos said...

Those are the neatest little tags ever Des!! My Mom would love them...me, I love them, however, everything just about I plant I kill, so mine would have to say, dead flowers once pretty marigolds lol!