Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Duck decoys…..

 

I have always been drawn to decoys…..

the hand painting, the worn patina…..just beautiful!

Collection of duck decoys, Scotsman, plaid ottoman, arched built-in bookcase.

Source

Wood, wood and more wood - So Prim. Luv the Wood Duck Decoy and Chandelier

Source

Blue and white quilts.  Alexandra Stoddard. photo credit: Andreas von Einseidel  via Country Living

Source

Recently I found my very own duck decoy.

I’m not sure of the age but I think it is pretty old?

I love the glass eyes….it landed in the den on the table next to the sofa.

I’m pretty sure this won’t be my last one….I keep looking for more

every time we go into an antique shop now.

Untitled 1

Joining the party at:

Savvy Southern Style

for Wow Us Wednesdays.

Hope to see you there!

-------

10 comments:

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love your duck decoy! I bet you'll be able to find more in the future. I always enjoy the "thrill of the hunt" when I'm starting a new collection. :)

Kelly said...

Oh I like it! It's perfect for your den too. It really looks OLD. My mom has always liked duck decoys too.

Red Rose Alley said...

Deserae,
You would love the ducks that my father-in-law has carved throughout the years. He has many of them lined up on one of the walls near the ceiling, and I was looking at all of them one day. They were all dark except for this one WHITE one. I just loved it, and when it was time to go home, he gave me the WHITE duck that he carved and painted. I didn't know you liked ducks also. Just one more thing we have in common, my friend.

love,
~Sheri

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Des,
I love your dock decoy. It looks great. I love the source pic too of the three by the stairs with the quilts so fun. Love that look.
Kris

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love your duck decoy!! It's always fun starting a new collection ;-)

chateau chic said...

You found a beauty, Des! It's definitely the star in your awesome vignette!
Mary Alice

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Great duck decoy. Love the inspiration photos. I used to make duck albums and 3d hoops of ducks embroidered..

Cynthia said...

Very cool, looks pretty old and adds great charm.

Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Just love the beauty and patina of your duck decoys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, amazing Decoys here. I just like it, man.