Thursday, September 11, 2014

We remember……..

 

Source

 

MY TEARS CALLED OUT YOUR NAME

by ~Sarah Petrie

Normal morning

Shattered by thieves of existence,

Helplessly watching

My heart is so torn

Mass pain, inexpressible by words, incomprehensible

Tears hold more voice than I.

I long to hold you;

I long to hold you, to wipe the dust of catastrophe from you;

So many weep; I feel helpless.

I see your searching soul

Panic, pain, confusion

Your loved ones are lost

"Where have they gone?'

'Can you help them?'

Perhaps they are here,

somewhere,

Perhaps not.

I wish I could help you;

That day my tears called out your name;

I will never forget you.

 

In God We Trust

-------

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I will never forget and hope I never have to relive the fear and safety and the horror I felt for my husband and step brother again!

Junkchiccottage said...

This was a terrible day which I think everyone will remember exactly what they were doing and where they were when this horrible tragedy started. With my hubby being in the fire service it is especially hard to know this could have happened almost anywhere and he could have been in the throws of this terrible tragedy. Firemen and first responders run in when everyone else is running out. So so many brave men and women gave their lives that day to help others. The poem is beautiful. Thanks for sharing this Des.
Kris

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

We remember oh too well....Blessed to live in this country and be an American...