Tuesday, February 24, 2015

That chair!!!!


Last week when I shared my new pillow with everyone I got a ton of emails inquiring as to where I got that chair.

pillow1

Well, the truth is….it is the same chair I have had for several years. I actually have a pair of them and was using them in the master bedroom until recently when I decided to switch the chairs around.


So, the chairs that were in the master bedroom are now in the living room, and the chairs that were in the living room are now in the master bedroom. Did you catch all that?

Living Room Whites & Neutral at Peeking thru The Sunflowers

I purchased the chairs from Restoration Hardware….. at the time they came in like one or two finishes. I never really liked the finish so one day I decided to just paint and distress them. I really wanted them to look like something you would find at a Paris flea market minus the worn upholstery so I added upholstery nails too.

chair1

So, there you have it! That’s where I got that chair. Have a great week my friends!
Joining the party at:
 Savvy Southern Style for Wow Us Wednesdays
AND
The Essence of Home for Share Your Style.
Hope to see you there!
-------

22 comments:

Stacey said...

Your chair is gorgeous just like everything else you do.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

I agree completely with Stacey!

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Des,
What a savvy shopper and furniture update gal you are! I love your decorating style and these beautiful chairs too. You use your ingenuity so beautifully-
Have a lovely day!
Jemma

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

I love them, too. Great job with the additions you did.

Mari said...

Your chairs are beautiful, like everything else in your home...love how you painted them to match your home great job Des.....

Smiles~
Mari

Unknown said...

Beautiful chair! I love your house so much!

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful chair Des. So happy you added your own touches to it. It makes it even cuter and more special.
Have a great week .
Kris

Cynthia said...

These are great chairs. I would like to get some like that when we get new furniture in great room down the road. That's in the plans a couple of years from now, LOL

Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I lovet that you customized it and it looks so much prettier than the original!

Linda said...

Love your "musical chairs". Lol
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Kelly said...

That is a beautiful chair! It's nice that you can move furniture from room to room like that. Good idea to add the nail head trim. I though the chair came that way!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

It is a really beautiful chair, Des..Happy Tuesday..Judy

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Lovely chair! Your paint and addition of upholstery nails added just the right touch. Great job!

Wild Oak Designs said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely.....
Nancy
wildoakdesigns.blogspot.com

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I like the chair, but I can't get over that hutch! It's gorgeous, Deserae.

Have a sweet day.

~Sheri

AntiqueChase said...

DES!
you added nail heads? I have a pair of those chairs! a think we need a tutorial and a few closeup photos!! Marcy

Katie Mansfield said...

You are so brave. I think my husband might flip if I painted new furniture. I can paint all the old stuff I want. You may have inspired me to take on a couple of my chair mistakes.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Des, You made the RH chairs even nicer! I love the changes you made. Thanks for joining the Share Your Style party.
Hugs,
Sherry

chateau chic said...

I LOVE how you enhanced your beautiful chair to look like it did come straight from a Paris flea!!!
Mary Alice

Pat said...

Deserae,
Exquisite!!!
I adore your personal 'touch' to create such a c`est magnifique piece!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Ivy and Elephants said...

Des, the chair is awesome! You did a great job. The addition of the nail heads is just genius!
Hugs,
Patti

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

Love your chairs Des! Isn't it amazing how furnishings seem to take on a whole new look when moved from one room to another? Thank you so much for linking up to SYS. Wishing you a wonderful week!
XO Barbara