Sunday, April 26, 2015

Update on the fox cubs……

 

Yesterday it was cool, windy, and rainy and I didn’t see the fox cubs until just before dark and then it was only for a few minutes. I was sooooo disappointed!!!!!! To our surprise the mommy showed up around 9am this morning while I was fixing breakfast to feed the cubs. They were very active, it was the longest they have been out of their den…..I ruined one omelet!

the mommy

She is so beautiful…her markings and color are so vibrant!

mommy2

She stayed with the cubs for about 30 minutes and then disappeared just as quickly as she came. The cubs continued to play for about ten minutes after she left and then they went back into their den to nap for the day……

-------

15 comments:

chateau chic said...

How fun to capture the fox with her cubs...terrific photos!!!
Mary Alice

primrosesattic said...

Beautiful pictures, The fox is
adorable as are her pups.
Rosezeeta.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

How sweet!!

mary scott said...

They are the prettiest animals. Thanks for the wonderful photos!

Mari said...

Wow they are beautiful Des!

Smiles~
Mari

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

They are so beautiful! What a treat to get to watch them!

Ron said...

I love foxes. They are a beautiful animal.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'd say those awesome pics were worth the price of an omelet! Lol! Love seeing these! Thanks for sharing them. They are beautiful creatures, for sure.

Kelly said...

That's so neat that you have a family of foxes living on your property. Do you have to keep a closer eye on your pets now? I know I would.

Theda said...

Thanks for the update! I share your joy of watching the cubs. We have a Sandhill Crane couple that have been coming to our yard, to eat, for about 2 years now. Finally, this past week, they brought their baby! I was just elated!!

Junkchiccottage said...

So sweet.
Kris

Cynthia said...

You captured beautiful pictures. You're spoiling those babies

Cindy

Anne's Attic - Design said...

How fun to get a look of the little fox family.:) Jo

Unknown said...

One of my friend sent me a video of four baby foxes playing. They are just so cute! I guess the lady that took the video is just like you. They were just outside her window. Enjoy them!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I wish I could see this. I would be out there with my camera. You must smile every time you see them. Cute pictures, Deserae.

love, ~Sheri