Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Still blooming……


I do not have a green thumb……
So, imagine my surprise when this Orchid in the guest bedroom started to bloom after all the old blooms had fallen off. I figured it would get a couple of new blooms and then it would die like all the rest of the Orchids I buy. However this one has been blooming since last July!!!! Yes, that’s right, it just keeps on blooming!!!!!
 
table
 
This room gets amazing sunlight unlike the rest of the house.


Orchid
 
I decided to add another Orchid over on the mirrored chest since this one is doing so well.
 
chest
 
Uh oh…..I am a bad blogger! I just realized I never showed the trumeau mirror after I repainted it. If you are keeping track that would be the third time I painted it now.  Sometimes it takes a few tries to get it right!!!!!
 
Orchid2
 
I have not seen the fox cubs since Friday so I don’t have an update for you today.
I’ll let you know if they reappear…..
Have a great week my friends!!!!
Joining the party at:
Hope to see you there!
-------

14 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Des,
The orchids are so beautiful. Love the mirror too. I hope the little cubs are not gone all ready from the nest!!!
Kris

Mari said...

Des, your orchids are blooming beautifully....
I have one that my son gave me for Morthers Day last year and its not doing half as well as yours!

Smiles~
Mari

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

The orchids look so pretty in your beautiful guest room!!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

The orchids are beautiful! You must have found just the right spot for them. Love the painted trumeau mirror!

Stacey said...

They are beautiful! You are so lucky to have them bloom again. That never happens for me!

Nancy's Notes said...

You do have a green thumb! It's beautiful! I got one for my birthday in April and it's dead already! Sigh...must have been too much or not enough water. Do you talk to yours? Maybe I did and a bit too much, then again, not enough! No green thumb here!

Enjoy the blooms!

Nancy

Cynthia said...

Gorgeous orchids. Love the color. Pretty cloche in the guest room

Cindy

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Beautiful orchids...they must be in their happy place!
Loving the new color on the mirror! I am sure the fox cubs are enjoying a new adventure~

One Shabby Old House said...

Don't you love a blooming surprise! I was at Walmart in the garden supply center and found orchids on sale for only $5 so I bought a few and put them all in a large pot. The instructions told me to just place an ice cube once a week in the pot. I had never heard that before so I am excited to see how it works.

Blondie's Journal said...

How pretty! I heard orchids are hard to do so maybe you DO have a green thumb!! :)

Jane x

Kelly said...

I love orchids! I'm so glad that yours are thriving. They're beautiful. I have two orchids as well. One is by the tub in my bathroom and the other is on my dresser in my bedroom. I think the key is to let them get a lot of indirect light and not to over water them. Hope the fox cubs come back soon. Thanks for signing up for the party tomorrow night too!

Red Rose Alley said...

Deserae, good for you that your orchid is still blooming, and what a pretty color it is. I really like the mirrored dresser. I've seen them around lately and admire them when I do come across one.

You always take such good pics of your house.

~Sheri

Barbara @ 21 Rosemary Lane said...

I just adore the color of your orchids. They add such a pop of beautiful color to your home.
XO Barbara

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Beautiful orchids. I kill them.