Friday, July 31, 2015

TGIF!!!!!


I appreciate all the comments everyone left on the old door headboard post.
Even though I was unable to reply to them all I did read each and every one!!!
Thank you!

I need a relaxed roman shade like this one for my kitchen window!

A little inspiration to start your weekend off….and a little housekeeping tip too!


coastal cottage in Cornwall - lovingly repinned by www.skipperwoodhome.co.uk

Dekoracje w stylu francuskim. Aranżacje wnętrz w stylu francuskim. Francuski styl inspiracje. French style.

Château de Moissac (fr) - as seen on linenandlavender.net, http://www.linenandlavender.net/2013/04/revisiting-chateau-de-moissac-fr-little.html

I love the linen of the seat. M

Isn’t linen beautiful? However I think it wrinkles if you just look at it! The other day when the bed skirt for the guest bedroom arrived I cringed when I opened the package and saw all those wrinkles. I was dreading getting the ironing board out and ironing it when I remembered reading somewhere that you can remove wrinkles by spraying the fabric with hot water and smoothing the wrinkles out with your hand.  Since I was a little pressed for time I thought why not try it, what do I have to loose? Believe it or not the wrinkles simply fell out!!!!! I was so shocked…..so next time you need to remove wrinkles and don’t feel like getting the ironing board out give it a try.
Have a great weekend my friends!!!!
Be love.
-------

7 comments:

paperjunk-lc said...

All soothing images and Lord knows we need that as we face another 100 degree day in Dallas. Happy Friday!

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful pictures Des. Thanks for the tip on getting the wrinkles out with hot water
Happy Friday
Krid

Mari said...

Such beautiful images Des...oh and thanks for the great tip I will have to remember it for the next time ;-)

Have a wonderful weekend...
Hugs~
Mari

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Wow....love that tip Des....Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Yes, linen does wrinkle if you just look at it. I have sprayed lavender water on mine to get the wrinkles out. I guess any water will work. Love these pics. Have a great weekend!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I cringe at the thought of ironing, so thanks for this tip! I'll definitely give it a try! Love these pretty pics!

Ivy and Elephants said...

Gorgeous images, Des. Thanks for the tip!
Hugs,
Patti