Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The furniture shuffle……


mirror

For several years now  I have had this gold tone mirror hanging behind the sofa in the living room. It is an inexpensive mirror that I bought  at Kirkland's in the clearance section over thirteen years ago. I have never really loved the mirror but had never found the perfect piece to replace it so there it continued to hang….for years! Please tell me you have things in your own home like this too?!?!?!



Then one day I found an antique mirror at an antique shop and decided to build a turmeau mirror for the hallway. Unfortunately the mirror just didn’t look the way I envisioned with the new antique chest I showed you last week. Soooooo, the furniture shuffle began and the trumeau mirror found a new spot behind the sofa in the living room.

trumeau mirror 001

Of course the mirror didn’t look like this…..I had to repaint the entire mirror once again!

mirror3

To be honest, I didn’t love the mirror at first in it’s new spot but after about a week it grew on me and now I love it.

mirror1

Of course I’m still looking for the perfect piece
to hang above the antique chest in the hallway so the furniture shuffle is…….
to be continued!

Joining the party at:
Hope to see you there!
-------

15 comments:

Kelly said...

I love it!!!! I think it's longer than the other one isn't it? I like the color too.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love it Des. It is perfect behind the couch. Sooooo pretty.
Kris

Unknown said...

Luv !It is perfect behind the couch.
And yes, I have lived with something I never liked.... I have been saddled with a sofa for 3 years that I DON'T like . To be rectified in a few weeks!!!!

Ivy Lane said...

Looks great! How about the gold tone mirror above the antique chest? I did not see that post so I don't know what the chest looks like...

Yes, I have a mirror that I used to love hanging in my back hallway.. think I shall "shuffle" it to another spot in the house!

Thanks for your inspiration today!

xo,
Ivy

Mari said...

I love it Des, looks beautiful.....I shuffle items around my house all the time...my dear hubby calls it playing house....lol.....

Have a great day....
~smiles~
Mari

AntiqueChase said...

Des, I love it. Can you share what paint colors you used and was it chalk paint? I have a dark brown wood mirror with the most gorgeous patina'd glass and I think instead of selling it at my garage sale, I want to lighten it up like yours!! Marcy

Unknown said...

It's a gorgeous piece!! It adds a softness to your living room space and looks so good with the colors you have going in there. A beautiful and sophisticated room!
xo Sally

Cynthia said...

Loving it Des. On my list is for hubby to make me a full be one to lean in the bedroom. I can't wait and look forward to making it look old

Cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That looks great and I'm surprised the other one is from Kirklands. I thought it was antique.

Red Rose Alley said...

Yes, I really like your new mirror, Deserae. But I have to say, there is something so pretty about your old mirror too. It's antique looking with much detail, and I love antique gold. Where will you put the old mirror?

love, Sheri

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I love it and the color is so pretty! I actually really like the other mirror too. Gosh, I can't believe Kirkland's has been in business for that long. I remember when they used to have a tiny store in our mall, then they got their own huge store. It's always been one of my go to places for decor. :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love that mirror over the sofa....so great that you put your dancing shoes on and danced to the furniture shuffle!....I am sure you will find the perfect piece to go over the antique chest.

cotedetexas said...

I love it! so much better i agree. i always tell my clients to wait 72 hours before turning something down. It takes the eye a few days to adjust to something new and unexpected.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Ooh, I love it! It looks wonderful!!

Sheila @ Maison de Cinq said...

The new mirror looks great! And yes, I for one DEFINITELY do what you do. Sit on things I don't like waiting for the "perfect" piece to come (sometimes waiting for a long time!) And of course, there are all the things relegated to my garage after they are replaced too! It's a constant shuffle over here, and not one my husband relishes:)

I just found your blog (through my friend Cindy's blog) and am really enjoying it. Your taste is so similar to mine and I love what you've done with your house. Yours is so different from a lot of what I've found on blogs and on IG in that you seem to use real antiques and it has a real "collected" look - I love that! I think it has so much more character that way! Not to mention looking more timeless....

I'm so happy to have found you and am now following you here. I tried to find you on Instagram but couldn't. Are you not on there? Can't wait to see more!

Best,
Sheila

www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com