Friday, April 15, 2016

TGIF!!!!

 

One of my favorite things about spring is the blooming of the Lilacs!!!

Ours are not blooming….. yet.

I can’t wait for that intoxicating aroma!!!

A little eye candy to start your weekend off right…..

One shrub can produce baskets of lilacs......I just bought one shrub...so I'm hoping this is true...:

Source

Ready for the rain....:

Source

lilacs:

Source

 :

Source

Lilac branches tied to a garden swing ... Full details on Modern Country Style blog: Outdoor Living by Selina Lake: Book Review:

Source

will have purple carrot and celery crudites in mason jars/glasses w figs on board:

Source

Spring Blue ~ Purple Blossom✿⊱╮:

Source

Have a great weekend my friends!

6 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh what a beautiful post...I would love to have lilacs!!!!.....Have a great weekend Des!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Those lilacs are so pretty! I saw some once in Montana and they were gorgeous! Here in Texas, we call our crepe myrtles the "lilacs of the south." :) Crepe Myrtles are the closest thing to lilacs we have, although they don't smell as good. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

I can smell the lilac from here. :) What a fun swing picture. How pretty the lilac is draping around it.

~Sheri

Row homes and Cobblestones said...

Des me too love, love, love Lilacs! The scent and the flower itself sends my heart a flutter! It's such a romantic flower.
Enjoy your weekend.
xoxo,
Vera

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I love all the photos, especially that adorable little bunny. The lilacs are beautiful. I had a lot of them at my last home but none here. I miss their beauty and fragrance. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sheila @ Maison de Cinq said...

Love these photos Des - so gorgeous! I so wish we could grow them here in California as the smell is, indeed, intoxicating! My husband who grew up in the East always speaks fondly of Spring when the lilacs would start to bloom... he misses it!

Have a great weekend!

Sheila
xo

www.maisondecinq.blogspot.com