Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A quick little paint project…..

 

candleholder1

After I bought the new drapes for the dining room the blue and white plates I had on the wall sconce shelves  suddenly didn’t look so good anymore. I searched and searched for something different to put on the little shelves but nothing was quite right. Then one day I saw some wicker candle holders while looking on Pinterest. I thought they would be perfect…..the only problem was they were really expensive! So, I kept searching and found these less expensive ones.

candleholder3

They were the perfect size and affordable! The ones I saw originally were a grey willow though and I thought of them every time I walked thru the room and saw the brown wicker ones. The other day it occurred to me to just paint them!!!

candleholder4

I brushed a little grey paint on them…..first a lighter shade then a darker shade. While they were better they still weren’t quite right though. So, I sanded some of the paint off and then they were just what I had envisioned all along!!!!!

candleholder5

A quick little fix and all it took was a little paint!

Joining the party at:

Savvy Southern Style

Remember to stop back by here on Wednesday evening to join the Share Your Style Party.

SYS 5 party button

9 comments:

chateau chic said...

They add just the right amount of texture as well on your beautiful sconces!
Mary Alice

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

A little paint project such as this makes such a huge impact!...Beautiful Des!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

As you know, I love those wicker candles! What a great idea to do a little paint project on them. Love the new look!

Mari said...

Des, I just love your wicker candles.....love they way you transform them with paint.....they look perfect.......
It's small little touches like that, that makes all the difference.....


Wishing you a great day~
Mari

Kelly said...

What a great idea! I have one of those wicker candle holders. I believe it's from a company called Pineapple Park. They are located here in GA. I like how you made them match your decor better.

Michele M./ Finch Rest said...

Paint is a girl's best friend.

Well done, darlin- looks great.

Sheila @ Maison de Cinq said...

Lovely! Love the checked drapes (are those new?!) and the painting was perfect. I need to really start doing some of that! I'm so not a DIYer, but I am inspired by all the bloggers who are.

sheila
xo

Pamela said...

They look great Des!

Katie Mansfield said...

So cute. I love those kind of candle holders. Your dining room is always gorgeous.