Tuesday, June 27, 2017

In the garden…..


A robin made her nest in the weeping pussy willow tree a few weeks ago.

tree3

She laid three eggs….two hatched on the same day and the other the next day.

20170626_191017

The little birdies are getting so big that they all barely fit in the nest. I’m sure they will be flying away very soon. It has been so much fun watching them grow…..

flag2

We lost one of our little trees this spring to the frost. The other little one that we planted at the same time is doing really well though.

topiary2

We have two of these little topiary trees, one on each side of the front door. Looks like they could use a little trimming….

So, that’s a snippet of our garden these days!

Have a great week my friends!!!!

7 comments:

Mari said...

Hi Des....
How sweet those little birdies are, I love when I see the birds in their nest, so precious!
Your garden looks beautiful and fresh.....I have two big urns on either side of my front door, I love to plant pretty blooms in them...

Thanks for sharing.....
Mari~~

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I'm in love with your topiary tree. What kind is it and can we see more when you have time to post about it?

Blondie's Journal said...

You have some pretty plants and I love the tree by your door. What is it called.

The baby birds are precious...we have them everywhere at the lake, the nests I mean. They love the columns under our patio roof and they have allowed us to sit out there!

Jane x

Anonymous said...

I am in love with the outside of your home. Could you please post some pictures of the outside. Loving that weathered brick.

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

Love those sweet little birdies! And your topiaries are gorgeous with those purple blooms. Enjoy your weekend!

Red Rose Alley said...

That is sweet that the Robin made her nest in your tree. I heard that birds build their nests around homes they feel safe at. I love your little tree with the purple flowers. How special that you got to see the three eggs being hatched. You know, the Robin is one of my favorite birds of all.

love, ~Sheri

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

So
Pretty Des! Love the topiary. My little birds just flew the nest too. They always seem to nest in my ferns on the porch. Happy Summer and Happy 4th!