Thursday, June 7, 2018

The book project…..


I have always loved the way deconstructed books look….ruffled pages and all. However the old ones go for a pretty penney and are out of my price range when I have been lucky enough to find them.

books5

I was recently given some romance paperback novels and I remembered I had read somewhere where you could tea stain new paperback books to make them look old. So, I did a quick google search and it looked easy enough so I thought I would give it a try.

The book project 004

I followed the directions and then set them outside to dry in the sun. When I started the project it was unseaonably hot outside….and then the temperature suddenly dropped!!!! My husband came inside one day after work and announced my book project was a flop….the books were getting mold on them. Not one to give up easily I brought the books inside and pondered how to save the project. My solution….use a hairdryer on the hottest setting and blow dry them. It worked like a charm but did take quite some time since I had a lot of books.

books1


books4

I tied them with twine and added a couple of antique French letters to this stack.


books2

Hope you have a great weekend my friends!!!!!

4 comments:

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Love your project!...The books look wonderful...you did a fantastic job Des! Have a great day!!!

Junkchiccottage said...

How cool is this Des. I love this. Super crafty Miss!!! They look great.
Have a great day today.
xoxo
Kris

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Des, that is a terrific idea and your did a great job. So pretty. You are very clever, my friend..Happy Thursday..Judy

Zeborah Loray said...

Love this! I may have to give it a try.