Tuesday, January 8, 2019

We sold our house!


To be honest it all still seems like a dream….I can’t believe we actually sold our beloved home! Once upon a time though we restored a beautiful Victorian home and had to sell it due to a declining neighborhood. It was my dream home and I was very sad when I had to leave it behind. Since then I have alwasy secretly wished we could buy another one.There is just something about all that carved woodwork and stunning staircase that makes my heart go pitter patter!

Fast forward to a few months ago….

I decided to look at houses for sale in the area on a whim and I found this home.

Once upon a time she was a grand old lady. With a little love and a whole lot of work we will bring her back to her former glory. Follow us along on our new adventure!!!!

14 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

How exciting to get this incredible Grand Dame back to her glory!!! I'm thrilled to be along for the ride, Des!

Nancy

Katie Mansfield said...

I will follow along. I'm so excited for you. Congratulations

Ron said...

Congratulations! I will definitely follow along.

Alaina said...

How exciting. I can't wait to see you work your magic on a new/old home. Best of luck on your new adventure!

LLfromKS said...

That’s so exciting- yet a little sad as I loved your old home so much! Whoever bought it got a real treasure!

lala said...

This so much what my dream home looks like- it's beautiful!!! Really looking forward to lots of photos - congratulations.

cloches and lavender said...

So exciting Des. I can't wait to follow your new adventure. I know you will make her shine

Cindy

Junkchiccottage said...

This is so exciting. I cannot wait to see what you do with this beauty. Yeah and congrats.
Kris

niartist said...

Can't wait to see you work your magic here!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

I'm SO excited for you!!! I can't wait to follow along and see what you do with this beautiful lady! Congrats on the new home! xoxo

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Oh, Des. I am so happy and excited for you and looking forward to what you do for her. A grand old lady for sure. There is something about the era that is so fulfilling to be able to put efforts to make her beautiful again. I know how that feels, but mine is not near as grand. Imagining the staircase and woodwork is a joy for me and I can't wait to see it all and your journey..Happy Thursday..Judy

Deanna said...

It will be a thrill to watch what you do with this place. Ready, set, go!!!
d

The Grey Dove Cottage said...

It is going to be stunning. I look forward to following along on your new adventure!

Pamela said...

I can not believe you sold your beautiful home either Des but what a grand adventure y'all are on. I know it will turn out amazing!!