Thursday, July 25, 2019

Start the car!

The other day I was browsing Facebook Market Place and I came across a beautiful chaise lounge chair. Of course I instantly wanted to buy it but the practical me reasoned that I still have my whole house packed away in boxes and I really shouldn’t buy anything right now.The next day when I logged on again there was that chaise lounge chair back to haunt me and now with a new lower price!  *sigh* I gave in and messaged the seller and then waited, and waited, and waited. Nothing! Later on in the day I noticed the posting said pending and then sold so I knew it wasn’t meant to be. Later on though I had a nagging feeling I needed to go back and check Facebook Market Place and when I did there was that chaise lounge chair once again…. only this time it was posted by someone else and it was FREE!!!! So we jumped in the truck and went to pick it up….


The slipcover is made from an antique sheet and has the most beautiful detailing. The slipcover needed a little love….it had several tears in the fabric that I had to mend. The chaise lounge itself is incredibly old, probably from the early 1800’s.


It was just meant to be that the little chaise lounge come to live at our house. Everything including our house needs a little mending and a little love it would seem so it fits right in!


Have a great weekend my friends!!!

1 comment:

Susie said...

Lucky girl, what a great find. Blessings, xoxo, Susie