Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The family Bible.....


A couple of weeks ago I was elated to find the family Bible tucked in a box in the basement. I took it out and decided it was time it have a special place in our home. The Bible was always displayed on a silver tray when I was growing up but I decided I wanted to display it differently. 
I found this antique book stand on eBay....it is really meant to display a dictionary.


It was the perfect size for the family Bible.


The bottom of the stand is cast iron and has really pretty detailing.



I haven't found the perfect spot for the Bible and stand just yet so for now it is tucked in the corner of the side parlor.

Happy Wednesday my friends!!!!




3 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

OMG Des that is the exact family Bible we have.! Love the stand.
Hugs,
Kris

Red Rose Alley said...

What a treasured family Bible, Deserae. It fits just right on the stand, and I like the cast iron at the bottom of the stand. I wanted to tell you that I've had that beautiful picture of Jesus in my home for forty years. My mother-in-law gave it to me, and it hung above my bedroom for many years. I've moved in the last few years, that I haven't hung it back up yet. Something to think about though. : )

~Sheri

Anonymous said...

Beautiful story Deserae, the stand is quite lovely. I am also loving that blue and white tile floor, is that your kitchen perchance?

Really love following you along on your newest journey.

Patti