Thursday, November 21, 2019

A new chandelier for the front parlor.....


Old houses definitely talk to you.....you just have to listen closely.
When we first purchased this house I thought the grand old lady would be dressed totally formal. 
However after living here for several months now she has told me that she is slightly casual with a little fancy thrown in. 
In other words it means I move things around a lot to get things just right!
The first light fixture we installed in the front parlor was pretty but not quite right. 
I knew she needed something with a little bling.


I found this crystal chandelier on Facebook Market Place for $150. 
It was soooooo much prettier in person than the pictures in the ad.
Of course the lady had two chandeliers but I only bought this one. 
Now I am kicking myself! What was I thinking?
Total love.....
Have a great rest of the week my friends!

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh so pretty. It looks amazing.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

It looks so pretty, Des, and these old house really do have a voice. Everything needs a little sparkle..Happy Thanksgiving to you..Judy

Junkchiccottage said...

I am in love with this too. What a great chandelier and it looks perfect. Great find.
Hugs,
Kris