Wednesday, February 5, 2014

This little light of mine…..

 

lamp6

One day the light bulb in this cute little light burned out. After replacing the bulb with three different ones I finally realized that it wasn’t the bulb that was the issue, it was the wiring.

It was the perfect size for the little cabinet in the downstairs powder room. So,my handy man agreed to rewire it for me .While working on it he stepped away to retrieve a part from the garage and while gone the little lamp exploded into a million little pieces!I searched for months to find an itty bitty lamp to replace it and finally found this one.

lamp3

At $55 it was a little more than I wanted to spend for a twelve inch lamp but it was the only one I could find that I actually liked So,I placed my order and waited patiently for it to arrive. I was so excited when it arrived a whole day early. I quickly unpacked it and set it on the table. My puppy Gracie was being a little ornery and picking on one of the boys so I bent down to pick her up. When I did the bottom of my jacket caught the lamp causing it to crash to the ground and smash into a whole lot of pieces! I retrieved as many pieces as a I could and spent the entire afternoon super gluing the top back portion back together. After gluing my fingers together and a few choice words I finally had it back to it’s original form and was able to paint it as close to the original finish as I could. You really can’t tell it was ever broken unless you look really closely.

lamp8

Have a great week my friends! Joining the party at: Savvy Southern Style Hope to see you there!

e

11 comments:

NanaNor's said...

Happy Tuesday! I love your lamp and want to get a small one for our new kitchen counters-at the new house. Have no idea where I will find a small one that isn't really expensive, but I'll keep looking.
Thanks for sharing. I love the look of your cabinet-looks like a spa retreat.
Hugs, Noreen

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, no! Well, it is cute as it can be and glad you were able to fix it.

AntiqueChase said...

why do I know that would happen to me too? lol

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love the new lamp Des and you would never know it broke! LOVE that gorgeous antique cabinet too!

Lisa @ Texas Decor said...

You would never know it was once broken. You did a wonderful job repairing it! It's the perfect size for that spot too. This reminds me of the time I searched for months for just the perfect hobnail vase. I finally found one, and within hours of having it home, by son bumped into it and broke it. Thankfully, my hubby was able to glue it back together again. Gosh, now I have the Humpty Dumpty rhyme stuck in my head. Lol!

Katie Mansfield said...

I am so sorry. I'm so glad you able to fix it. It's adorable.

Unknown said...

Oh no... oh no! I am so happy to see that younger able to mend it back. It is very pretty and perfect for the spot.

Kelly said...

Well it's beautiful!!! You must've had a fit when the replacement lamp broke too. I would think this was an omen telling me I shouldn't place a lamp there. Lol! I love the finish and shade on that lamp. Glad that you were able to salvage it.

chateau chic said...

I hate when things I really like break. You found such a cute lamp to replace the original. Great idea to paint it so no one can tell it was ever broken.
Mary Alice

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Oh no..it seems like your beautiful hutch is rejecting those gorgeous lamps of yours…however, you certainly did a wonderful job putting it back together again…I love the wonderful glow of the lamp in the hutch…I also have noticed how your drape and cosmetic bags match so beautifully!!…great details!

Karen said...

I have just started following you and love your design for your home. The little lamp is just what the space needed. I had a nice crystal glass lamp, in fact two of them. My granddaughter broke both of them. Now I have to move them away from her! The armoire in your living room is the same one that I have! I recently painted the interior with Paris Gray AS chalk paint and the exterior in Old White. I may do a wash with the Paris Gray and then a coat of dark wax. Love seeing someone else's version!