Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Jesus & Mary....but no Joseph


Hello friends!



What seems like an eternity ago now I spotted a couple of religious pictures on Facebook Marketplace.
I fell in love with them instantly and just had to have them. 

The pictures were really dirty so I cleaned them up. The frames were a little beat up too so I touched them up with a little gold paint..... and then they were ready to hang.


Imagine my surprise when I first got to the house and saw that the pictures were huge! I was expecting average size pictures since they were priced so low.
If you look at Jesus you can see the wavy glass....they seem to be quite old. Given their size I think they must be out of a cathedral possibly? 


If you have any information on the pictures please share. I really am curious as to the history behind them.

Happy Wednesday!


3 comments:

Deanna said...

It is always a fun treat to see what you have done in your homes. A treat! Enjoy visiting your blog,
d

Red Rose Alley said...

So beautiful, Deserae. They look so nice hanging on your wall. The gold paint you used looks lovely.

I have a photo of Jesus that I've put above my bedroom door for many years, but the last 2 moves, it hasn't been put up. It brought many years of comfort.

~Sheri

Pinehurst Farm said...

Hi Des!
Those pictures are lovely! I believe those are sacred heart pictures. I am not an expert by any means, but maybe Cindy at the blog Edith and Evelyn could help you out as she has such a beautiful collection of things from old churches. I love them and hope you got a great deal! You snagged a great find!