Monday, September 12, 2011

Small changes….

 

I recently decided to change the way I hang my ironstone plates and platters. For years I used those gold little wiry thingy's which worked just fine until one day I came across a blog that showed how to use v-hooks and epoxy on the back and I was instantly intrigued!!! I had to see for myself if this method really worked. So, off to the hardware store I went for my supplies. At first I only did a few plates to see if they would come crashing down in the middle of the night. After a few weeks I decided it was indeed safe and decided to do the rest of my ironstone collection. I don’t recommend this if you have really expensive plates since this is a permanent application. However my collection is compiled of garage sale finds mostly and none of them cost more than a few dollars with the exception of one platter.

Here is a before pic…if you look closely you can barely see the gold wire hangers.

around the house 004

 

The after

plates

 

 

 

plates 003

These are my oldest plates…..I have had them for many years. I started collecting ironstone long before it was ever popular. I love the way they are different colors…. and the more imperfections they have the more I love them!

 

plates 024

 

Please excuse our messy mudroom…..the blind on the door also broke and fell off this week. It’s been one of those weeks…….

 plates6

Hope you are having a fabulous weekend!?!?!?!

 

4 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Looks great Des! Hobby Lobby sells something similar I used and loved it too. You home is just stunning! Have a great week, Martina

Sheila said...

I too bought some of the adhesive hangers from Hobby Lobby but have yet to try them. I always enjoying seeing what you are doing in your home. So pretty! Question....do you always have a fern indoors, & how to you keep it from shedding everywhere? I have a huge one on my front porch that I would love to bring it, but they are always so messy.

It's a beautiful day in Indiana!

paintergal said...

Hey, now. You can't get away without sharing the directions for these hangers! :)
I do like the look without the gold wiry thingys showing.

Kelly said...

I've always loved your home and been reading your blog for YEARS! I love your new transformation to a lighter palette. I get so much inspiration from your blog. Those ironstone plates look great on your wall.