Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Remnants from the past....


After spending forty plus hours removing wallpaper from each of the parlors I decided to keep a few pieces from each layer and frame them.


Somewhere along the way a few pieces from different layers were accidentally discarded. Don't worry though, I remember quite well the pain of removing those layers.



Every room in our house has at least a few if not more layers of wallpaper so there will probably be more framed remnants from the past when it is all said and done.

This door in the side parlor is probably the nicest door in the entire house. It is faux hand grained and had quite a few dings and scratches. I did the best I could to fix them with a little paint. 

There is no shortage of projects for this poor neglected house!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great Idea. I loved it and will keep in mind for my own place. Thanks, Ann

Unknown said...

At least they had nice taste in wallpaper it looks like! Great idea to frame it. You guys are doing a great job on the house!

Katie Mansfield said...

I love this idea so much. It's gorgeous.

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Des, I think you will be so happy that you saved the scraps. Every room in our house was wallpapered and I only kept a scrap from one room. I hope I can find it after 30 years to put in a frame. You were very smart to do it and sounds like the project is coming along..Happy Thursday..Judy