Tuesday, March 10, 2020

A new oil painting and a sneak peek of the guest bedroom.....


I found this wonderful antique oil painting on Facebook Marketplace back in the fall. 



Originally I went there to buy two antique religious pictures and while at the house they informed me they were having a sale. They told us to look around and make an offer on whatever we were interested in. I ended up spending $120 when it was all said and done and walked away with two huge antique religious pictures in gilded frames, two antique oil paintings, and two enormous antique crocks. 

I had no idea where the painting would go when I bought it but knew I had to have it.
As it turns out, the colors in the painting were perfect for the guest bedroom.


As you can see it is quite a large painting and fits perfectly between the windows. 
I still need to find a bed skirt, steam the duvet cover, and figure out window treatments but the room is slowly coming together.

Have a great week my friends....



3 comments:

Terra said...

You have an interesting way to find paintings. The first photo in your post doesn't show, but I can see a glimpse of the painting in the second photo. The religious paintings are of interest to me.

cajuncook said...

Love the room and all the beautiful design elements! That painting is to die for!

Deanna said...

Look so very nice!!!
d